B Street Cattery
Agreement For Sale Of Norwegian Forest Cat or Kitten
Color: ___________________________________________________ Sex:____________________
Sire: ___________________________________________________ CFA#:__________________
Dam: ___________________________________________________ CFA#:___________________
Birthdate: _____/_____/_________ Litter # - CFA: ______________________
Litter # - TICA: ______________________
Total Due: $_______________
Deposit: $_______________ Date Paid: _______________
Balance Due: $_______________ Date Paid: _______________
B Street Cattery guarantees that this kitten/cat is, to the best of our knowledge, healthy at the time of sale. The kitten/cat has been examined by our veterinarian and vaccinated (appropriate to its’ age) prior to this sale. If during the guarantee period, the cat/kitten becomes ill, it is to be examined by a licensed veterinarian. If the licensed veterinarian finds that the animal is ill and that the illness was present prior to sale, the breeder should be contacted at once, before any major treatment is begun (except in an emergency situation). The breeder will (upon receipt of a statement from the licensed examining veterinarian that the illness was present prior to sale) pay the cost of the medical treatment (up to the purchase price of the animal). If the cat/kitten should die from a problem present prior to sale, the breeder will replace the animal with one of equal quality, as long as the buyer presents a written autopsy report to the breeder from a licensed veterinarian. The total liability of the breeder shall in no case exceed the total purchase price $______________ of the Norwegian Forest cat/kitten.
In order to qualify for this guarantee, the cat/kitten must be examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours after delivery (except Sundays and holidays).
We guarantee our cattery to be FeLV and FIV negative.
If at any time, for any reason, the new owner can not adequately care for this kitten/cat,
it is to be returned to B Street Cattery.
1. This registered Norwegian Forest cat/kitten is sold as a: PET
2. Cats sold as pets (defined as: being a purebred Norwegian Forest Cat that is not used for breeding, with or without Show quality status) or show alters, will be altered by B Street Cattery, before leaving the cattery and being adopted by the new owner.
3. Cats sold as pets (see definition in #2) will not be shown in competition without the written permission of the breeder.
4. This cat/kitten, is to the best of our knowledge, healthy at the time of sale and has been vaccinated (see health record). If the cat/kitten is to be shown in competition, or is exposed to cats/kittens who are being shown, and/or cats/kittens new to the household, and/or indoor—outdoor cats/kittens, we recommend it be vaccinated with a four-way vaccine at six-month intervals. Cats/kittens who are not being shown in competition or exposed to at—risk cats/kittens (as described above) may be vaccinated yearly.
5. The buyer(s) agree to the following terms and conditions for the continued well-being of the Norwegian Forest cat/kitten:
A. The cat/kitten will receive its booster shots, routine inoculations and a yearly health check by a licensed veterinarian of the buyer(s) choice.
B. The cat/kitten will not be denied needed veterinary attention. If the owner is unsure whether or not the animal is in need of medical services, a veterinarian will be contacted, the situation explained, and the veterinarian’s advice will be acted upon.
C. The cat/kitten will kept indoors at all times.
D. The cat/kitten will be given the proper diet in the proper amount (as specified at time of sale), and will have access to fresh water available at all times.
E. The cat/kitten shall not be declawed. Its nails will be maintained by clipping approximately every 2 to 3 weeks. Cardboard cat scratchers (available at most Wal-Marts, etc.) or appropriate cat trees can be purchased in order to avoid unwanted clawing of personal possessions.
F. The cat/kitten will receive frequent and kind human attention.
G. If for any reason the buyer(s) cannot retain ownership of the cat/kitten, the breeder will be given the right of first refusal (for no more than ½ of the original purchase price in the case of an unaltered cat/kitten, or the cost of the spay/neuter of the cat/kitten). If the breeder does not exercise the option to repurchase the cat/kitten, the breeder will counsel and assist in placing the cat in a suitable home that will meet the spirit and obligations outlined in this contract.
H. Under this contract, no cat/kitten from this cattery may be used for breeding purposes. Additionally, the buyer agrees that the cat/kitten in no way shall be leased to any other party for any purpose. Breeding and Show contracts are also available.
I. No cat/kitten from this cattery may be sold or given to an animal shelter, sold or given to a pet store, abandoned, or sold or given to a laboratory.
J. The cat/kitten shall be kept free from external parasites such as fleas and ticks. Caution will be used when selecting treatment for such parasites on the cat/kitten in addition to the treatment of the household or pet sleeping quarters. Consult a veterinarian or B Street Cattery for more information.
6. If the buyer, having put a deposit on a cat/kitten should later change his/her mind about the purchase, the deposit becomes non-refundable.
7. The buyer agrees that if litigation should become necessary to satisfy both parties, that the jurisdiction shall remain in the State that the cattery is located.
8. Buyer(s) agrees to notify breeder of any change of address or phone number or if the cat/kitten becomes lost or dies and also to give updates on the progress of the cat/kitten.
WE, THE BELOW SIGNED, CONSIDER THIS DOCUMENT TO BE A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT REPRESENTING THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE PARTIES. NEITHER PARTY SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO MODIFY IT EXCEPT BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT IN WRITING AND ALL APPLICANTS MUST INITIAL CHANGES OR ADDITIONS TO THIS CONTRACT. THE BUYER(S) AGREE TO PAY ALL COURT COSTS IF THE AGREEMENT IS LITIGATED, AND THAT ANY LITIGATION SHALL TAKE PLACE IN TAZEWELL COUNTY, ILLINOIS, UNDER ILLINOIS LAW. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT THE BUYER(S) ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ, FULLY UNDERSTANDS, AGREES TO AND HAS RECEIVED A COPY OF THIS AGREEMENT.
Signature of Buyer(s) Date
Signature of Breeder(s) Date
B STREET CATTERY
John & Terry Bierrie
PO Box 334
Washington, IL 61571
Ph: (309) 444-5775 Fx: (309) 444-5356